Saints Peter and Paul Orthodox Church (Levittown)

1314 Randall Ave, Levittown, PA 19057
Phone: (215) 943-8222
Website: http://www.saintspeterandpaulchurch.org/Saints_Peter_and_Paul_Orthodox_Church/index.html
American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Church

Saints Peter and Paul Orthodox Church is the first mission parish established by the American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Greek Catholic Diocese located in Johnstown, Pennsylvania in 1954. Services were held at Faith Reformed Church until 1956. Land was purchased in 1955 and in 1956 Saint Paul’s Episcopal Church building was moved to this location.

In 1959, additional lots near the church were purchased for a rectory. In 1964 a rectory was built and in 1966 the congregation voted to build a new church. Saints Peter and Paul Church was dedicated in 1967. The congregation at the annual meeting in 1972 voted to demolish the old church building in order to construct a parking lot. The parishioners also voted to purchase additional property for the future building of a religious education center and multipurpose hall. Property about 100 yards from the church was purchased from the Penn Central Railroad in 1973. Groundbreaking was on Father’s Day 1974 and the parish center was blessed on May 18th, 1975.

The parish celebrated their silver anniversary on June 10th, 1979 and observed its fiftieth anniversary on May 16th, 2004.

Divine Liturgy is held every Sunday at 9:00 a.m. on great feasts and at 10:00 a.m. for regular morning services. Vespers is held at 7:00 p.m. on the eves of great feasts. Religious classes meet September through June following the morning services. Confessions are held one hour prior to services.

Services are in English.