Saint Herman of Alaska Orthodox Church (Gradyville)

P.O. Box 231
1855 Middletown Road, Gradyville, PA 19039
Phone: (610) 459-5310
Website: http://www.sthermansoca.org/
Orthodox Church in America (OCA)

Saint Herman Church was founded in 1973 by a group of dedicated Orthodox Christians whose dream was to build an Orthodox house of worship in the western suburbs of Philadelphia (Delaware County) where Orthodox Christians of various traditions and backgrounds could worship together. The first Divine Liturgy was celebrated Sunday, September 30, 1973 by Fr. Nestor Geeza in the Episcopal Church of the Atonement in Morton, PA, which served as a temporary home for the parish for the next few years. In 1977, the parish purchased its first property in Wallingford, PA. In 1993 a larger parcel of land was acquired in Gradyville (Edgemont Township). The consecration of the new church took place on June 18, 1995. On November 1, 1998, the parish celebrated its twenty-fifth anniversary.

Divine Liturgy is celebrated every Sunday at 10:00 a.m. followed by coffee hour.

Services are in English.