Saint George Greek Orthodox Cathedral

256 South 8th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107
Phone: (215) 627-4389
Website: http://www.saintgeorgecathedral.org/
Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America

St. George is a historical church located in downtown Philadelphia. Built by the famed architect John Haviland in 1821, the church was purchased by the Greek Orthodox Kathedrikos of St. George in 1922. Since then, St. George has served the community as a place of Orthodox worship, a place of religious learning, and a place where Hellenic culture and traditions are proudly cherished. Over the years, the church’s ministry has grown to include various orders and societies, educational and cultural programs, and a senior living facility, all developed in order to cultivate fellowship in an Orthodox Christian community. However, St. George Cathedral’s most important role is to be the body of Christ on earth and a beacon of salvation.

Orthros is read every Sunday at 8:30 a.m. and Divine Liturgy celebrated at 10:00 a.m.

Services are in Greek and English.