Holy Trinity Romanian Orthodox Church

723 North Bodine Street, Philadelphia, PA 19123
Phone: (215) 922-7060
Website: http://holytrinityphiladelphia.org/
Romanian Orthodox Episcopate of the U.S.

The Romanian Community of Philadelphia was founded in the early twentieth century by immigrants from Transylvania which was then under Austro-Hungarian occupation. The Romanians settled in Northern Liberties along with Russians, Slovaks, Serbs, and other migrants from Eastern Europe. The parish was founded in 1913 and services were held in homes of believers for six years until 1919 when they were allowed to use the second floor of the St. John House of Prayer for the celebration of religious services. The Romanian parishioners moved to Elkins Park in 1972 and the church building became the official property of the Romanian community. The addition of new members has given the Church a hopeful vision for the future of Orthodoxy in Philadelphia.

Services are in Romanian.