Holy Ghost Orthodox Christian Church (Phoenixville)

P.O. Box 66
Starr and Bridge Streets, Phoenixville, PA 19460
Phone: (610) 933-3336
Website: http://www.hgoc.org
Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese of the U.S.A

Holy Ghost Orthodox Church was founded when hundreds of faithful, thoroughly committed to the Lord and sincerely devoted to the time-honored traditions of Eastern Christianity, liberated themselves from the yoke of Latinization and discovered the eternal truth of Holy Orthodoxy. Having lost their house of worship by the ruling of a civil court of law, the members of this new, self-converted family in Christ established Holy Ghost Church on August 7, 1937. Their first Divine Liturgy was celebrated to God’s glory in the grassy field of Mont Clare, PA with Fr. Alexander Kossey. The present properties of the twenty-two acre Phoenix Park were eventually purchased from the Reeves Family and construction for the church building completed in 2005. Today, Holy Ghost Church continues to thrive. Its congregation of over 160 families is trans-national, attracting members from all branches of Orthodoxy and from converts to the Holy Orthodox Faith. Divine Liturgy is celebrated every Sunday at 9:00 a.m. followed by coffee hour.

Services are in English.